Saturday, September 20, 2008

Maternity Clothes

I finally had to break down and buy maternity clothes this weekend. All my efforts with belly bands and belts are no longer sufficing to keep my pants up in a practical and comfortable way. I was surprised at how hard it was to find maternity pants that fit. We searched all over before landing on motherhood where we found some that will do although not the perfect, most flattering fit. I guess that's part of the price you pay when you get pregnant. After our little shopping spree I headed home to rid my closet of all the clothes that won't due for the next 6 months. Its easier to pack them up and put them away then to wish I could wear them or have to dig through them to find clothes that do fit over the coming months.
I definitely enjoy shopping for baby clothes more than maternity clothes. I've got way too much without knowing the sex of our little one. I'm just saving receipts to return whatever clothes match up with the sex the baby is not when we finally do find out. I just cant pass up the sales when they come along. I'm all about paying $1.97 for a piece of clothing that was originally $15! Husband doesn't quite understand buying so many clothes already but he'll appreciate the money we have saved. Now if these two weeks could just fly by...

No comments: